Do you help researchers using IT tools to further their research goals? Are you involved in research computing and/or data science training? Do you consult with researchers on more effectively doing their research with advanced computing resources? Compute with data? The Researcher-Facing Track of the People Network brings together people from research computing groups, libraries, research institutes, and other organizations who support researchers in every phase of the research lifecycle. Many of us are also Data- & Systems-Facing, but this track is a community-led opportunity to discuss the practices, perspectives, and experiences of facilitation.
- Research computing facilitation
- Outreach to all disciplines, esp. those under-represented, to aid with research computing resources
- Education and Training
- The art and practice of facilitation
- Increasing communications, collaborations, and team-building
- Research computing technologies
- And more, as determined by our members!
We connect via monthly calls and an email list. We also invite you to review and contribute to the Leading Practices of Facilitation!
Join Us! Fill out our membership form to let us know who you are and what you’re interested in. We’ll add you to the email list.
Monthly calls are on the second Thursday of the month, 1p ET/ 12p CT/ 11a MT/ 10a PT. Connection information and links to any materials are distributed via email.
A Startup Framework for Building Digital Research Capacity and Community at UCLA
Annelie Rugg, Ph.D, Humanities CIO, UCLA Center for Digital Humanities
Sept 12, 2019, 1p ET/ 12p CT/ 11a MT/ 10a PT
Previous Call Topics
- 08/08/19: PEARC19 recap!
- 07/11/19: Creating effective training materials
- 06/13/19: Lightning talks / Open mic sessions on track topics