The Systems-Facing track of the People Network will focus on aspects relevant to the execution of research computing and data systems.
- Architecture (hardware solutions, cloud integration, VMs, container integration, …)
- Storage systems (file systems, SAN, NAS, NVMe, Burstbuffer, …)
- Networking (data transfer solutions, Infiniband, campus-wide, …)
- Cluster management and configuration (scheduling, accounting and reporting, …)
- Accelerators (GPU, FPGA, …)
- Security (auditing, compliance, policies, procedures, …)
- User environment (Modules, CUDA, …)
We connect via monthly calls and an email list.
Monthly calls are on the third Tuesday of the month, 1pm ET. Connection information and links to any materials are distributed via email.
Topic to be determined
September 19, 2019, 1p ET/12p CT/ 11a MT/ 10a PT
Previous Call Topics
- August 2019 – Storage and Data Management for a Mid-Scale Research Data Set
- July 2019 – Racktables for graphical HPC cluster management
- June 2019 – Open Discussion
- May, 2019 – Globus Installation and Configuration
- April, 2019 — Charliecloud ~ Unprivileged Containers for User-Defined Software Stacks
- March, 2019 – Ceph as a campus storage solution (block and objects)
Brian Haymore, Sr IT Architect – HPC, Center for High Performance Computing, University of Utah
Alan Silver, IT Professional, UW-Madison