The Capabilities Model Assessment Tool has been upgraded to version 2.1, which includes a range of interface improvements and institutional metadata updates. See the v2.1 Release Notes for a complete list of all changes. Highlights of the new version include:
- Improved topic level display that shows average coverage values for each question in that topic, and main assessment page that shows average coverage values for each Facing
- Updated progress indicator that filters out Domain Coverage questions, and eliminates them as a requirement for survey submission
- Updated RCD Profile user interface that shows additional institutional metadata.
Institutional metadata updates include:
- Updated Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) institutional metadata to the most current release
- Use of the U.S. Department of Education 2023 Eligibility Matrix that defines programmatic lists of institutions that meet the definitions of the minority-serving program areas.
- Metadata to recognize EPSCoR institutions, based upon the National Science Foundation (NSF) definition of EPSCoR Criteria for Eligibility.
About the Capabilities Model
The Capabilities Model allows participating institutions to:
- Assess their support for computationally- and data-intensive research.
- Identify potential areas for improvement.
- Understand how the broader community views Research Computing and Data support.
Contributing institutions help build the Community Dataset, and enrich the resulting picture we have of our community. You will get access to the benchmarking functionality on the new portal that compares your assessment to the community at-large, as well as segments of the community (R1s, R2s, Public or Private institutions, etc.; on the new portal you can define your benchmarking peer groups!). As a contributor, you will also get access to more detailed reporting functionality on the new portal, to dig into the data and create custom visualizations.
Help us continue to improve!
We are always looking to improve the Capabilities Model. If you experience any issues or have feedback on the new version, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.