RCD Capabilities Model
- Capabilities Model Introduction and Guide to Use– Start here as this includes background as well as tips for using the model- and then follow the link to the access request form that will create a personalized copy of the Assessment Tool for your institution (January 2020).
- Assessing the Landscape of Research Computing and Data Support: The 2020 RCD Capabilities Model Community Dataset – PEARC21 Paper presenting the summary findings of the 2020 Community Dataset. Best Paper Award, Workforce Development, Training, Diversity, and Education.
- RCD CM Community Data reports Detailed reports describing the Research Computing and Data Capabilities Model Community Datasets, aggregating the assessments of 41 Higher Education Institutions in 2020, and 51 in 2021.
- A Research Computing and Data Capabilities Model for Strategic Decision-Making – PEARC20 Paper detailing the background, key concepts and features of the model, initial experience and lessons learned (July 2020).
- Fostering Collaboration Among Organizations in the Research Computing and Data Ecosystem. PEARC20 Paper that introduces the growing ecosystem of organizations that in some way support and enable activities related to research computing and data.
- An HR Job Family Matrix specifically for RCD Professionals that can be used by a range of institutions to properly classify RCD Professional roles (July 2019) – Click here to get access.
- Research Computing and Data Professionals Job Elements and Career Guide (April 2018).
- Characterizing the US Research Computing and Data (RCD) Workforce. PEARC22 Paper that presents results of a demographic survey of Research Computing and Data professionals.
RCD Career Arcs
- Understanding Factors that Influence Research Computing and Data Careers
PEARC22 Paper describing the findings of a survey about factors that influence career decisions of Research Computing and Data professionals.
Best Paper, Workforce Development, Training, Diversity, and Education;
Phil Andrews Award, granted to a manuscript deemed to be the most impactful in practice of research computing.
RCD Stakeholders and Value Propositions
Annual Reports to the NSF on the CaRCC Research Coordination Network