- This event has passed.
Researcher Facing Call – Jan 2019 – Crowdsourcing Training Friction Points
January 10, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
Our topic is “Crowdsourcing Training Friction Points”, with the not-so-subtle goal of facilitating community-sourced single-topic, short lessons for training and learning gaps. We will also devote a portion of the call to Open Mic, opening the floor to any topic for discussion with the group.
Taking a page from Christina’s December call playbook (thanks!), if you are willing to share your expertise and experiences on the topics below, and especially if you have found successes or are trying new approaches, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please everyone share! Separately I am looking volunteers who would like to talk briefly on a panel.
Please also give feedback if there are topics that you think should be included for the call discussion:
* What modes of teaching (e.g. hands-on, webinar, required classes) have you found successful?
* Are there specific frictions points that you see as training and learning gaps?
* Are there approaches you’d like to try/deploy that have not yet made it into your training portfolio?
* How do you feel about crowdsourced materials as a viable way to meet those gaps?
* What suggested materials or topics might be suitable for crowdsourcing?
* Are you or is any call participant interested?
* Bonus: Are you moving towards utilizing cloud for RC? And if so, how are you going about this from a training & learning perspective?
Separate from the main call topic, both Claire and I would like to discuss the possibility of starting a member directory on the CaRCC website. Please give this some thought, and I look forward to your thoughts and conversations on Jan 10th.
Details on the call are forthcoming!